Chiropractic and Health, The Year in Review (Part 2)
In the last article, we started reviewing some of the conditions we covered over the year, especially those pertaining to pregnancy and children. We reviewed how chiropractic can have a tremendously positive effect on patients suffering from colic, ear infections, bedwetting, asthma, ADHD and growing pains. We also reviewed how chiropractic can decrease labour pain and time, as well as how it can enhance sports performance.
Today, in this last article of the year, we would like to review the remaining of the conditions we covered so far, without limiting ourselves to childhood conditions. Once again, we would like to remind you that we have copies of the more detailed articles and references in our office, so please call if you would like more information.
- Infertility improved under chiropractic care. In one study 14 out of 15 infertile
women became pregnant after adjustments
- Headache and migraine patients found relief with chiropractic. Numerous studies have been performed, with success ranging from 72% to 90%
- Chiropractic management of low back pain was more efficient that medical management in the largest and most thorough analysis of the scientific
literature on back pain ever
- Whiplash victims improved in 72% to 93% of cases
- Chiropractic adjustment significantly improved the body's ability to deal with stress
- Heart patients improved from a wide variety of conditions, such as arrhythmia, chest pain, anginaand fibrillations
- Heartburn and ulcer patients responded favourably to chiropractic adjustments and had remission faster than patients taking medications
- Elderly patients utilizing chiropractic care cost 69% less to the health care system due to increased health, and were less likely to be hospitalized,
take medications and be in a nursing home
- Chiropractic adjustments had a positive effect on the function of the immune system
- High blood pressure patients saw their blood pressure decrease as much as if taking two blood pressure medications in combination
- Crohn's disease was alleviated in a majority of patients
Throughout the year, the basic message we have tried to communicate to you is this:
1) You cannot be completely healthy unless your nervous system, the master control of the body, is functioning 100%.
2) When you have a subluxation (a joint problem) in your spine, it often interferes with the normal function of the nervous system.
3) Chiropractic adjustments remove subluxations, thus restoring normal nervous system function.
When the nervous system works properly again, your own body can heal itself. That is why chiropractic is so efficient at improving many different conditions seemingly unrelated.